You’ll never run out of ways to stay entertained in South Dakota. We provide free tourist information on what to see and do in the Black Hills. Within a 50-75 mile radius of the resort, world-renowned attractions include Mount Rushmore National Memorial, Badlands National Park, Crazy Horse Memorial, Custer State Park, Devils Tower National Monument and Spearfish Canyon National Scenic Byway. Read on for some more fun found only minutes away from your stay.
In the Neighborhood
- Meadowbrook Golf Course: An 18 hole championship facility, located 1 mile away.
- Executive Golf Course: A 9 hole facility, centrally located near downtown Rapid City.
- Memorial Park: Within the park you will find America’s largest Berlin Wall exhibit.
- Storybook Island: A fairyland park with nursery-rhyme displays.
- Cleghorn Springs Fish Hatchery: Raises and releases 1 million trout and salmon annually.
- Stavekirke Church (Chapel in the Hills): A replica of the Borgund Church in Norway.
- Dinosaur Park: Features 7 life-size dinosaur replicas, which is perfect for kids climbing.
- City of Presidents: 35 life-size bronze statues of presidents past that grace downtown.
- The Museum of Geology: Mineral displays, dinosaur skeletons, engaging exhibits and more.
- Dahl Arts Center: One-of-a-kind visual exhibits featuring contemporary artists.
- The Journey Museum: A museum featuring the heritage of the cultures of the Black Hills.
- Downtown Historic District: Tour the charming shops and iconic architecture of downtown.
- City View Trolley: See the city on the back of a trolley. Pick up site at Canyon Lake Resort.
- Canyon Lake Park: Go for a stroll and enjoy the spring blooms, fall foliage or winter frost.